Gyros

BrokeDad

Yes you do it in the editor. Many of us have done it to swap page aircraft and older models. I suggest you study aircraft that have it to figure it out.

Mitch58

I've done that and was able to change some flight characteristics but I don't know how to add a Spektrum radio to any given plane. Also is there a way to turn off the machine guns on some of the planes? I don't need them on so many planes.

PilotAt6

To add a radio ...
1.) Click on "Simulation" then "Select Controller".
2.) a list of available controllers shows ... select One of them and Click "Edit"
3.) Follow on screen instructions.
4.) Save the edit with a new name
5.) The Real Flight Manual is available under "Help" for further instruction.

To get rid of machine guns you will need to edit each plane. Deleting a "Gun" servo may eliminate the gun action.

BrokeDad

Channels 5-9 are keys YUIOJ accordingly. If you bring up the radio gadget they are on that as well as listed in the Help - Keyboard Connections ... drop down menu.

12oclockhigh

I was not saying to disable the switch completely in the controller setup. That would have effect on many other unintended functionality. When guns are firing just turn them off.
There is is a user manual.
Why do you need Safe in simulator?

PilotAt6

I was not saying to disable the switch completely in the controller setup. That would have effect on many other unintended functionality. When guns are firing just turn them off.
OH ............
Reading comprehension problem????:LOL:

12oclockhigh

We have so many people coming here lately that are not willing to purchase the InterlinkDX. So I just assumed that the OP (not newbie) was seeing guns firing every time he reset the plane after a crash. The ammunition would run out eventually, but he was unable to switch it off because he did not set the switch in the interface or had run out of channels. He likely did not know about the keyboard keys because nobody reads the manual anymore. That is my diagnosis, and the butler did it in the pantry with the meat grinder.

Last edited:

PilotAt6

12oclockhigh Replied:" We have so many people coming here lately that are not willing to purchase the InterlinkDX. "

It seems you are correct ... and they are not referencing the on-line "HELP" manual either. Almost 400 pages of detailed help ... not perfect , but a great source for the general operation and setup of RealFlight..

Mitch58

Well I flew a bit when the boys lived at home, after the boys moved out the planes sat on a shelf in the garage for several years. Now the grandkids are old enough to show some interest, So I've taken them down updated the electronics and switched to brushless. I was never the best pilot to begin with and after having a stroke a couple of years ago it hasn't gotten any easier. I figured Since I added SAFE and AS3X to the planes I would start the grandkids on the same planes in the simulator.

12oclockhigh

We are soon to have a generation of people that cannot fly. They only point the aircraft in the direction. The simulator is the place to learn without the crutches. It is really not that difficult. Don’t handicap them.

BrokeDad

Getting people to fly helicopters is even harder than planes because nobody wants to make the effort anymore. If it's hard many of this new generation don't seem to want to try. I enjoy the challenge and don't use stabilization or rescue when I fly.