How to design realflight plane skins?

PilotAt6

If you want a different color scheme you will need a paint program that can edit .tga files.
I use Corel Paintshop Pro, there are others available. I believe there is a free program ... look around, but it must be able to edit .tga format files.

Then select a present color scheme for the aircraft you want to start with, select "aircraft" then "save color scheme as" ... input your new name. Then select that color scheme and Realflight will create the necessary files. There are a number of files created, but you are interested in the .tga file.

You then can go in and edit the "New Name.tga" file.
This requires learning to use the paint program you select.
The files are in the Realflight directory /vehicles/colorschemes

It takes some learning, but when you do, you can have any color scheme you desire.
Search on youtube ... I believe you will find tutorials.

Hope this helps a little.

Last edited:

uncle twist

PilotAt6..Rangr The program I`ve always used for doing new CS`s (color schemes)/skins is "GIMP" it`s free and works great and easy to use and learn for the basics.

PilotAt6

PilotAt6..Rangr The program I`ve always used for doing new CS`s (color schemes)/skins is "GIMP" it`s free and works great and easy to use and learn for the basics.
Yes ... that's the one I heard of ... Thanks. Couldn't think of it last night. I might switch to that myself ... Corel is good, but a little hard to navigate being a complex program.