Issue With High CPU Usage!

RebekaShanahan

Hello everyone, I am having a problem with Windows 10 system for a few days. Whenever I try to launch RealFlight 9, the CPU usage automatically rises above 90%. I have already checked in task manager, there is no app running in the background. Can anyone help me to figure out the issue? Any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

System Configuration:
OS - Windows 10 Pro,
RAM - 8 GB,
HDD - 500 GB.

Bill Stuntz

I'm still running RF8/Win10/i7-4790/32G/1TBSSD. That doesn't happen for me. CPU usages goes to about 25% while I'm flying. You might try running task manager...more details & look at cpu usage under processes. If you click on the cpu usage tab, it will show the highest usage stuff at the top & might give you a better idea what's happening.

PilotAt6

25% ... Old Vizio All-In One i7 ... RF 8.5 Windows 10
I not an expert, but the i7 bootup referenced multiple processors (Core) available ... I had to make them all accessible because my windows boot setup at the time didn't.

Last edited:

csgill75

You have something else going on with your system if you are seeing CPU usage going up like that. unless you have a single core CPU or a very limited CPU like an I3 or lower, It should always be below 30% usage.

RebekaShanahan

I don't have an i7 system. I am running this game on i3 4th gen. I was repeatedly searching online to resolve the issue and came across this article. I updated my BIOS and my problem got an immediate solution.

1024kb

Hello everyone, I am having a problem with Windows 10 system for a few days. Whenever I try to launch RealFlight 9, the CPU usage automatically rises above 90%. I have already checked in task manager, there is no app running in the background. Can anyone help me to figure out the issue? Any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

System Configuration:
OS - Windows 10 Pro,
RAM - 8 GB,
HDD - 500 GB.
When you checked Task Manager, did you click ”more details” and check all running processes? Was the high usage shown against Realflight or another process / service?