Kaos

Boof69

That's a crazy CS. Very retro looking. Should be fun to do though.
The Modeling portion is a wrap. Everything is named, parented and the pivots are set. The motor took the poly count way up. Plus the wing internals ate up a bunch. So this one is coming in at 18740. A little higher than that at the finish after I model the linkages and tail skid. Norton If you were thinking of this one for multiplayer I can easily remove the wing internals and throw in a lower poly motor. In another version of course.

Attachments

Norton

Boof,

Looks real nice :cool:

My computer can handle a high poly count model in multi fairly well.

That being said you may want to make a lower count model for others?

I'll leave that up to you.

Kmot

That Kaos looks pretty cool. I remember these back in the day, watching guys fly Pattern with them.

kf0s

The Kaos is my favorite plane of all time. Waiting to see if I can buy an unbuilt kit (60-size) and electrify it. Can't wait until this hits the swap pages. Thanks in advance.

Eric

herc40

hey Boof69

Boof69 said:
I've got a shading error on the rudder I know.
Make sure that the rudder and Vertical stabalizer has HARD LINES, that may be where the shading is coming from. Looking real good dude, keep it up.

Kmot

Man that's beautiful. Looks like a custom "Faye Stilley" Monokote design. I like the custom wheels too.

Boof69

I got a little inspired by Flexible's technique on the common sense Yak. So I decided to make both the Burgundy and white monokote translucent with a balsa texture that shows through. I'm having fun with the CS so maybe another or day or two before This ones on the swaps. The fuse compartment has all the graphics I want. I'm going to play with spec and normals to see if I can make it look a bit more realistic. Most people will probably never notice it's there.

Attachments

flexible

Don't like it, it looks like the monokote was ironed down too hot with out a sock. It allso changes the color and takes away the shine.

Boof69

Now that you mention it it does look flat and a little dull. I'm not done with the idea yet though. I still need to work on the spec map which so far is just a grey map. Nothing special going on. If the spec doesn't make it look better I will probably scrap the idea.

flexible said:
Don't like it, it looks like the monokote was ironed down too hot with out a sock. It allso changes the color and takes away the shine.

EDIT: I was using the "fill" % to make my transparency for some reason. I brought that back to 100% and reduced the opacity just a tad then gave it a bit more spec. Does this look any better?

Attachments

Last edited: