That's a crazy CS. Very retro looking. Should be fun to do though.
The Modeling portion is a wrap. Everything is named, parented and the pivots are set. The motor took the poly count way up. Plus the wing internals ate up a bunch. So this one is coming in at 18740. A little higher than that at the finish after I model the linkages and tail skid. Norton If you were thinking of this one for multiplayer I can easily remove the wing internals and throw in a lower poly motor. In another version of course.
I got a little inspired by Flexible's technique on the common sense Yak. So I decided to make both the Burgundy and white monokote translucent with a balsa texture that shows through. I'm having fun with the CS so maybe another or day or two before This ones on the swaps. The fuse compartment has all the graphics I want. I'm going to play with spec and normals to see if I can make it look a bit more realistic. Most people will probably never notice it's there.
Now that you mention it it does look flat and a little dull. I'm not done with the idea yet though. I still need to work on the spec map which so far is just a grey map. Nothing special going on. If the spec doesn't make it look better I will probably scrap the idea.
Don't like it, it looks like the monokote was ironed down too hot with out a sock. It allso changes the color and takes away the shine.