Katana Revisit

abaser

I decided to take a small break from the Electra and revisit my first failure, the Katana. Here's a few shots of the rough model. Ive still got to cut in the control surfaces, and touch up a few minor details, but shes almost ready for mapping :D

Attachments

abaser

Im just over my poly goal of 4K right now, but Ive got some room to reduce them to where I want to be I think. :D

abaser

Maj. Numbskully said:
Why is 4k your goal ?
I thought you could go much higher?
Ya you can, but Im trying to get myself into using as few polys as possible to make a nice looking plane. Just trying to make things simpler on me and RF.

abaser

One more time. Modeling is complete and the polys are staggeringly low for me. Now Im going to go for servos for less than the price of a collision mesh.

Attachments

abaser

I don't know. The model I'm looking at has 8 visible servos and 10 rods. That'll add up fast.

abaser

Yup. 3 per wing, and 1 for each elevator half. Then a pull pull for the rudder, but I'll only have rods there.

td9cowboy

How's it hover? That shot from the bottom points out what could be a problem with this design in 6 with the ailerons being so far outboard.

Maj. Numbskully

:( I dont think modelers should have to alter the appearance away from how things look / are in the RW just for 6
I'd rather have the correct visual and fudge the invisible physics ........should not have to choose between both solutions in the first place...jmo

abaser

td9cowboy said:
How's it hover? That shot from the bottom points out what could be a problem with this design in 6 with the ailerons being so far outboard.
I'll let you know when I get it able to. It's like flying a brick at the moment :p