Lockheed Starliner Build thread

uncle twist

Yeah, when I read your post (#177), I looked up the engine in google, and saw that it obviously wasn`t the engines used in the the Starliner (as I thought, because it didn`t have an "R" designation to it, and I know you like to use sound profiles of the actual engine used in the real plane), but was just curious if you were considering using that sound profile for the Starliner rather than an electric sound profile... ALSO...very interesting stories...;);)

legoman

Yeah, when I read your post (#177), I looked up the engine in google, and saw that it obviously wasn`t the engines used in the the Starliner (as I thought, because it didn`t have an "R" designation to it, and I know you like to use sound profiles of the actual engine used in the real plane), but was just curious if you were considering using that sound profile for the Starliner rather than an electric sound profile... ALSO...very interesting stories...;);)
I could and I guess you could add speakers and a microchip playing an engine sound. also I reduced the negative expo (reduced the amount of throttle added at low throttle postion) on the throttle too about -10 percent from -50.

uncle twist

Looks very nice, BUT after just watching the vid. again, where there was very clear images of the flaps being deployed and looking just fine, I gotta ask, what was left for you to do with them..???just curious..:p

legoman

Looks very nice, BUT after just watching the vid. again, where there was very clear images of the flaps being deployed and looking just fine, I gotta ask, what was left for you to do with them..???just curious..:p
here is some pictures of what changed

Attachments

flip

Banned
here is a video of the starliner. https://youtu.be/ZlcfeEMPXJA
Looking out of the cabin the windscreen pillars don't look scale at all they look like 2x2 pieces of wood you need to do a little more work on them. And the sound completely ruins the plane you should use an engine sound not a motor sound. If you can't bring yourself to use an engine because of your scale thinking simple resize the plane so one will fit please don't ruin the plane trying to keep some scale thinking that doesn't fit the project. Try thinking out of the 'scale box'.

flip

Banned
some new adds
Before I'm banned that's definitely better but I think this picture shows the pillars really well. The added poly pulled out does help but isn't quite right but it is a decent cheat to help out, so kudos for the effort. Now please add an engine sound and lose the electric motor everyone will thank you. I know you said the nacelle wasn't large enough for the engine you mentioned at the time just scale the plane up some so it will fit that way the plane will sound as good as it looks.

https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/airliners/5/1/3/0778315.jpg?v=v40

legoman

Before I'm banned that's definitely better but I think this picture shows the pillars really well. The added poly pulled out does help but isn't quite right but it is a decent cheat to help out, so kudos for the effort. Now please add an engine sound and lose the electric motor everyone will thank you. I know you said the nacelle wasn't large enough for the engine you mentioned at the time just scale the plane up some so it will fit that way the plane will sound as good as it looks.

https://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/airliners/5/1/3/0778315.jpg?v=v40
I do have the wright Duplex cyclone as the engine sound now. lets just say there are some nice speakers to play the sound. it sounds the same as the skyraider just the rpm points got scaled (multiplied) by a 1.44444. to run in the range of the electric motors.

flip

Banned
I do have the wright Duplex cyclone as the engine sound now. lets just say there are some nice speakers to play the sound. it sounds the same as the skyraider just the rpm points got scaled (multiplied) by a 1.44444. to run in the range of the electric motors.
I've seen the sound kits you can buy so no problem there the sound is the key not the motor in the nacelle. So thanks, you're the man.. or legoman as it were.

flip

Banned
Forgot. I might make those added polys a little wider so they take a little more of the thickness of the pillars. Not a lot but a small amount. You can almost see something like that in the picture I posted a link to.

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
We've had another flare-up. A couple weeks ago I closed another thread for this kind of stuff before later deleting it at the OPs request. It does not belong here.

I have temporarily banned flip for instigating it this time after that initial warning.

Bear in mind that without responses nothing can really grow. The forums have an ignore feature which will let you avoid seeing posts by users of your choosing. I encourage you to use it to your benefit.

Meanwhile, I have cleaned out unwelcome posts in this thread as well as the Citabria repaint thread. I don't want to close these otherwise productive threads. Let's move on and get back to worthwhile discussion.

uncle twist

Regarding the F-111`s gear, kind of hard to see, but, does it start out at a wider stance (while on the ground) and then come together upon liftoff so it fits in the fuse..???cool vid. btw ;););)

Rc51dude

Rc51dude

I may have just over come the final hurdle on the F-111 and I just managed to make a ground contact sensor. here is a video of what it would do watch the main gear at the 14-19 sec range.

F-111 takeoff video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BosLEGoh22s

RF9 ground contact sensor demo
https://youtu.be/8YTnXX1x4J4
Please explain what and why you had to make a ground contact sensor, what is it, why do you need it, what will it do, how does it relate to the landing gear on an F-111? Is it something to tell the gear to settle under the load of the weight of the aircraft?

Last edited:

legoman

Please explain what and why you had to make a ground contact sensor, what is it, why do you need it, what will it do, how does it relate to the landing gear on an F-111? Is it something to tell the gear to settle under the load of the weight of the aircraft?
The F-111 has 5+ pieces that each need to do different things during the unloading right after takeoff and at touch down.

the F-111 has the "1965" (See picture) landing gear (Independant Rear Suspension) which is hard. realflight does the 1964 only.

Attachments