Missing aircraft

Vintage Ed

I have Real Flight 8 and Real Flight 8 Add On
Suddenly the Eflite Carbon-Z Cessna 150 just disappeared !!!
I re- ran the add on disc and it still is missing.
I checked the files on the add on disc, and the Cessna 150 is not on it.
It was when i first bought it and added it to my Real Flight 8 simulator and flew it on my sim many times. All of a sudden it just disappears! Any ideas?

BrokeDad

Both the 4S and 6S Versions of it are on mine (9.5). No idea why it would disappear on version 8. It's obviously not a licensing issue.

Vintage Ed

I have the very same problem. It simply vanished, and does not show as a file on either the REal Flight 8 disc or the REal Flight 8 Add On disc.
I have emailed Knife Edge with no replies.
Yesterday a friend of mine said his also vanished from his simulator. We both run Windows 10.
Why it doesn't show as a file on either disc is beyond me!
I did have it and flew it many times, then all of sudden it does not show!

doug schluter

i see it in the Horizon Hobby-add-on located here .
so it must be a conflick with it being in the new RF 9 i'm just guessing , also i am wondering if you dropped back from the latest update to RF8 it would show up worth a try , you can always go back to the latest update

Last edited:

legoman

yes so they put those 2 in RF9.5 and removed them with an update from the Horizon Hobby Edition-Add-on pack to prevent conflict i'm guessing
it throws an error if you try and install the Horizon Hobby Edition-Add-on in to rf 9. I usually copy over the files from the previous rf to the new ones and I had accidentally drug that one over as well and it gave me an error so I removed the HHE Add-On from rf 9.

also I dont see anything in the update log about it being removed. KE usually say something about an aircraft being removed. Maybe @Ryan Douglas can enlighten us if it was removed.

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
Vintage Ed, what version of RF8 are you running? My guess is that you don't have the latest available. You can view your version number in the lower left corner of the RealFlight Launcher, as shown in the screenshot below, or from within RealFlight via the Help -> About menu. And if the Launcher presents you with the option to update (see the yellow box in that same screenshot), take it!

Version 8.00.044 coincided with the initial release of the Horizon Hobby Edition Add-On. It did not contain the entire list of aircraft that made up the complete HHE Add-On product.

Version 8.00.053 was something called a "Day 1 Patch", which means it was available as an update the very same day the HHE Add-On actually made it into customers' hands. That update made the HHE Add-On complete by adding the rest of the HHE vehicles, including the E-flite Carbon-Z Cessna 150 2.1m (both 4S & 6S variants).

Also make sure that you are looking in the right place. Note how the HHE Add-On aircraft are listed in a separate folder than the rest of the stock RF8 vehicles.

See the screenshots below, which show the aircraft lists before and after the Day 1 Patch update. I bet yours looks like the earlier one.

Attachments

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
I've realized that I presumed you were running a non-Steam version of RF8 because this problem is highly unlikely to occur otherwise, but it is theoretically possible you are actually running the Steam version. Please let me know if so.

Vintage Ed

I have version 8.00.044
When I try to update I get a message someone has already used that name, etc.
Thatis me.
Horizon tech help is worthless!!!! :(

Vintage Ed

The version I am running is from the two discs from Horizon.
Why it doesn't show up on the add-on disc during a file search baffles me!

Vintage Ed

If I try and download it, it states I must have an app for it.
I have no idea what that means???
Is there an aircraft installer for Real Flight 8 ?

Vintage Ed

As of this date 6/9/2021, I have no response from Knife Edge or Horizon Hobby.
No further discussion on the forum here either.
During a file search of my add-on disc, the Carbon-z Cessna 150 is not present.
When I try and update, I get a statement that says someone already has this password.
Emailing Horizon Hobby Support and Knife Edge has resulted in no replies.

I have thought about purchasing Ral Flight 9.5 but if Horizon Hobby and Knife Edge are not supporting their product, why waist my money?

Vintage Ed

marcushh777,
No I am running the Horizon Hobby CD version Real Flight 8 and Real Flight 8 CD version Add-On
When doing a file search of the Add -On CD the Carbon Z Cessna 150 is missing.
It simply vanished from the simulator program.
Both Knife Edge and Horizon Hobby have not responded to several of my latest emails sent.
After installing the add-on disc from Horizon Hobby, the Carbon -Z-Cessna 150 was present and I practiced flying it as I was assembling the actual model and wanted to practice flying it.

Last edited:

marcushh777

Post No. #9 from Ryan is key here...

Looks to me like you're in a Catch 22; you need to upgrade, which requires that you upgrade! :oops:

Double check to make sure that you're looking in the correct folder for the Cessna. It will not be in the stock folder. I'm thinking that rather than 'vanishing' it may have 'moved'. Look through all the drop-down folders.

Other than that (from Ryan) your version (non Steam) is pre-Day 1 Patch. To get past your Catch22 and resolve this situation you're probably best-off to purchase Rf9.5 ; its a minimal cost and will be a good upgrade for you. Also, if you don't have the newer InterlinkDX controller the boxed 2 DVD set plus Interlink is the best option.

marcus

Vintage Ed

Hi Marcus,
I tried all of the drop down folders, Carbon Z Cessna 150 is not in any of them.
Still have not heard back from Horizon Hobby or Knife Edge.
Not sure I want to purchase version 9.5 if Horizon and Knife Edge seemingly do not support their products.

technoid

Hi Marcus,
I tried all of the drop down folders, Carbon Z Cessna 150 is not in any of them.
Still have not heard back from Horizon Hobby or Knife Edge.
Not sure I want to purchase version 9.5 if Horizon and Knife Edge seemingly do not support their products.
Would you be able to call them? I've called them a few times and they were always pretty helpful.

Vintage Ed

Already tried this, was told agent was busy on other calls, never heard back after leaving my phone number.
I feel they have poor customer support or are short handed on help like so many businesses