My 6xa works but my 8uafs doesn't

wakewatcher

I can use my 6xa with G2 but my 8uafs doesn't work at all. I use both transmitters flying so it isn't a pcm issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Jackson P.

I've got an 8U also but have never tryed using it with RF, I use a Skysport 4 to save wear and tear on my 8U. I'll connect my 8U this evening to see what happens and get back to you soon.

Good luck finding a connection.

Remember, if there's still air under it, there's still a chance...

wakewatcher

Thanks. I normally use one of my 2 6xa transmitters with G2 but now I fly with my 8u and have all the mixes in it. Worst case I will replace my 8u sticks should they wear out. Please let me know if it works for you. I assumed that all I would have to do was unplug the 6x and plug in the 8u. That didn't work and I couldn't find any parameters on the 8u for disabling 'it' as the trainee box. (However as we know you have to enable it to be a trainer box.)

Thanks again.

Jackson P.

8U tx.

OK, here's what I did. Turned off the computer and TX. pulled the plug on the Skysport 4, put the plug in the 8U. Turned on computer, turned on 8U, started RF. The 8U worked without even calibrating it. All of the switches, knobs, and sticks worked as they were supposed to.

Hope you can find out what you need to get yours to work.

wakewatcher

Thanks! Silly me I assumed that if I unplugged my futaba 6xa and then plugged in my futaba 8u and then went to 'calibrate' that it should work. Wait a minute why shouldn't it work? In anycase it did work after I totally quit RF and started over. Thanks for your help.

[This message was edited by wakewatcher on 04-30-01 at .]

Jackson P.

Most of the time you have to get out of RF to change TX's. You "should" turn everything off before you disconnect anything anyway.

Before G2 if I started RF before I turned on TX, I had to restart RF. In G2 usually I can just reset the plane w/ spacebar and it works.

Glad to hear that you got it working. Now that I've used my 8U on RF I might keep on using it. It feels very different than my Skysport 4.