No controller message

liquidr1

Resolved: No Controller Issue

Running realflight 7 on Windows 7 64 bit with the Tactic TTX600 with interface.

I keep getting message after the program loads, that says "No available controller" "Could not find a controller for the participant to use plug one in to re-try"

The program works perfect on my wifes laptop running windows vista

Tech support has not been able to help me. they said, im the only person in the entire country that has called in with this problem. They sent me a .ini file to replace but that didn't help. Iv ran in every compatibility mode possible, and ran as an administrator. Uninstalled and re installed multiple times. Still no luck

All usb hardware drivers are up date, all window drivers are up to date. bios is up to date. Even purchased a PCIe usb card. That didn't work.

please help.

Last edited:

liquidr1

yes it is recognizing it. shows it listed HID-compliant game controller under Human interface devices. If I go to start, devices, it shows it labled as Realflight Interface.

opjose

One thing to note.

Windows will recognize the HID device when the interface is plugged in, but Realflight may fail to see the Tactic controller if the Tactic is not operating in "Training" mode failing to send out the PPM signal the interface expects.

liquidr1

One thing to note.

Windows will recognize the HID device when the interface is plugged in, but Realflight may fail to see the Tactic controller if the Tactic is not operating in "Training" mode failing to send out the PPM signal the interface expects.
so how do I fix it. even still that doesn't explain why it works fine running on my wifes laptop running windows vista. My DX5e tx even works with the interface on my wifes laptop.

opjose

Given that it runs on your wife's computer the problem is not with Realflight nor the interface/tactic, rather on your computer itself.

Do you have or have you installed USB camera or printer drivers at any point on that machine?

Do you have any media readers installed?

Often USB camera and printer drivers insert themselves into the USB driver chain which can upset other programs.

You may want to try to uninstall any and all printer & camera drivers.

Then reboot the machine.

Make sure your machine is set to perform a full shutdown when you press the power switch once quickly.

Go into the device manager and delete any and all USB "Root Hubs" and USB Host controllers.

Note that as you do this you can loose USB mouse and keyboard input. Save the Host controller and hubs associated with your keyboard and mouse to the very last.

Delete any and all of these devices but do not let the system reboot.

Once you get to the controller associated with the keyboard and mouse delete that too. You'll loose keyboard/mouse input ( unless you are using a laptop or desktop with older PS/2 corded devices ).

Press the power switch once to power down the machine.

Disconnect the machine from wall power, press the power button to discharge any current remaining in the capacitors, then plug it back in and permit it to restart.

The computer will re-detect all of the USB devices. Reboot again once it is done detecting devices.

Then plug in the Interface and TX wait for both to be re-detected, and run Realflight as administrator ( right click ).

See if the Interlink now functions.

If not your system may have issues with USB power regulation. The TX gets power from USB and if there is not enough available current it may not power up to the point it is sending out a PPM signal.

liquidr1

Given that it runs on your wife's computer the problem is not with Realflight nor the interface/tactic, rather on your computer itself.

Do you have or have you installed USB camera or printer drivers at any point on that machine?

Often USB camera and printer drivers insert themselves into the USB driver chain which can upset other programs.

Then reboot the machine.

Make sure your machine is set to perform a full shutdown when you press the power switch once quickly.

Go into the device manager and delete any and all USB "Root Hubs" and USB Host controllers.

Note that as you do this you can loose USB mouse and keyboard input. Save the Host controller and hubs associated with your keyboard and mouse to the very last.

Once you get to the controller associated with the keyboard and mouse delete that too. You'll loose keyboard/mouse input ( unless you are using a laptop or desktop with older PS/2 corded devices ).

Disconnect the machine from wall power, press the power button to discharge any current remaining in the capacitors, then plug it back in and permit it to restart.

The computer will re-detect all of the USB devices. Reboot again once it is done detecting devices.

Then plug in the Interface and TX wait for both to be re-detected, and run Realflight as administrator ( right click ).

See if the Interlink now functions.

If not your system may have issues with USB power regulation. The TX gets power from USB and if there is not enough available current it may not power up to the point it is sending out a PPM signal.
I dont have any camera drivers installed, However, my printer is a wireless printer that could have also installed usb drivers as well. I will delete the printer. I have not tried deleting all usb root hubs and host controllers yet.

As to the not enought available current issue. The interface would not work on the PCIe usb card that i installed either. It has its own dedicated power cable from the power supply. So i would not think that it would be a power issue. Like i said, the usb system recognized that the realflight interface is there, just doesnt recognize there is a controller availble when realflight opens.

opjose

It has its own dedicated power cable from the power supply.
There is a seperate cable from the power supply to your PCIe card?

Very unusual. Most cards draw power from the motherboard's regulation system.

So i would not think that it would be a power issue.
Don't be quick to rule that out.

Like i said, the usb system recognized that the realflight interface is there, just doesnt recognize there is a controller availble when realflight opens.
Like I said, the Realflight Interface IS recognized in Windows, even if the TX is unplugged or not producing a PPM signal.

Only once the TX produces recognizable output to the Interface does Realflight itself "wake up" and recognize that a controller is plugged in.

That says a lot about what you are experiencing.

Again, since it works on another machine, your computer is the most likely culprit and the leading cause is either an inserted driver or power regulation.

I've seen boatloads of computers that have issues maintaining current via USB. The USB chipset is damaged over time and often the problem doesn't manifest until the user plugs in a new printer or device.

On some older Intel motherboads I could tell how old the board was by testing the (lack of) USB power handling, though newer boards have addressed this issue.

liquidr1

Iv tried everything you said. Nothing has worked. I just don't understand. Its a brand new motherboard, with Intel usb controller 2.0 and an intel usb 3.0 controller and Reanas 3.0 controller. I have disabled and uninstalled all one at a time and could not get real flight to work.

Are you guys sure this interface doesnt have driver issues on Windows 7 professional 64 bit service pack 1

opjose

Are you guys sure this interface doesnt have driver issues on Windows 7 professional 64 bit service pack 1
Nope, that's what I'm running it on, on two separate machines.

The only thing I've done that I consider unusual, is that because I own both an Interlink and the Interface version, I registered the Interlink not the Interface during setup.

I also just built a new X79 Extreme edition based system that uses exactly the same USB 2.0 and Reanas 3.0 controllers. I haven't tried RF7 on that yet, but I may give it a shot over the weekend just to double check.

Thought this is of no help the z77 chipset is relatively new and it doesn't suffer the same "damage over time" issues I've seen on prior MB versions.

Are you sure you brought up Realflight as administrator both during installation and during the first time or two it was run?

Sometimes the pop-up boxes do not appear rendering RF inoperable, because the instance does not have enough rights to spawn the serial number dialog box. While this is normally an issue with RF registering serial numbers, I wonder if it is also at the heart of what you are seeing.

Last edited:

Maj. Numbskully

Bingo

Then reboot the machine.

Then plug in the Interface and TX wait for both to be re-detected, and run Realflight as administrator ( right click ).See if the Interlink now functions.

If not your system may have issues with USB power regulation. The TX gets power from USB and if there is not enough available current it may not power up to the point it is sending out a PPM signal.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

liquidr1

Bingo

Then reboot the machine.

Then plug in the Interface and TX wait for both to be re-detected, and run Realflight as administrator ( right click ).See if the Interlink now functions.

[/QUOTE]

already ran as administrator. does not fix it.

opjose

Did you INSTALL it as Administrator ( right click ) and then run it the first couple of times using the same technique?

This is crucial.

liquidr1

Did you INSTALL it as Administrator ( right click ) and then run it the first couple of times using the same technique?

This is crucial.
Again im not sure how to install the program as an administrator. I know how to run it as administrator once installed and that has not worked. So can you please tell me how to install the program as an administrator