Oculus Quest and realflight

mave

HI, I would like to know if anyone had successfully played realflight on the oculus quest. If so, may I know which version? thank you

PeterP1954

I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I have a Quest and suspect I can use the cable connected to my laptop, but will the laptop be powerful enough to handle it? That's the question I cannot seem to answer.

12oclockhigh

The best you are probably going to be able to do is search these forums for "Oculus" and "Quest". There are just not enough players using the VR aspect of RF and talk about that has quieted down. You could also call the support line at HorizonHobby.

PeterP1954

The best you are probably going to be able to do is search these forums for "Oculus" and "Quest". There are just not enough players using the VR aspect of RF and talk about that has quieted down. You could also call the support line at HorizonHobby.
Thanks - I did send the support line a note with my laptop specs and the reply was very generic....
"RealFlight 9.x is compatible with some VR headsets. At this time, the Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive are known to work. For more information, please check the manufacturer's requirements for the VR headset you intend to use.
If you own a headset other than the Vive or the Rift which has worked with RF9, please let us know. We’ll be glad to look into adding this to the list of RF9-compatible equipment.
"

Unfortunately too non-committal for me to buy the package and radio.

Sherlock

Hi, I am very into VR and R/C- Just getting back into Realflight. Yes, Realflight will work in VR with the Quest via the Link cable (which is a separate purchase). You need to check if your PC will support it.

Check here: https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/?locale=en_US

Realflight is not very PC intensive (I get over 400 FPS in VR- although my PC is very high end). You only need a steady 40FPS to have a good VR experience, so if your graphics card is supported you should have no problem.

*If your graphics card is not supported you would have to upgrade. If you have a laptop, or integrated graphics you probably can't run it.

PeterP1954

Hi, I am very into VR and R/C- Just getting back into Realflight. Yes, Realflight will work in VR with the Quest via the Link cable (which is a separate purchase). You need to check if your PC will support it.

Check here: https://support.oculus.com/444256562873335/?locale=en_US

Realflight is not very PC intensive (I get over 400 FPS in VR- although my PC is very high end). You only need a steady 40FPS to have a good VR experience, so if your graphics card is supported you should have no problem.

*If your graphics card is not supported you would have to upgrade. If you have a laptop, or integrated graphics you probably can't run it.
Thank you Sherlock,
I've tried using my Quest with a link cable, Well not "their" link, but a good quality USB cable. It worked, but very stilted. I'm using a Lenovo P50, with an Intel i7-6700 CPU, 16GB RAM, and my GPU is only NVIDIA Geoforce M1000M. It falls short in the GPU, but unfortunately, as you said I cannot upgrade the GPU. So I guess I'd need to purchase a new, upgradeable friendly laptop or PC in addition to Realflight and the controller.. Big investment given I dont even know if I'll enjoy it.