Plane Size

TomC

It would be nice to be able to change the size of the plane itself. If you could make it ~50-75% of its current size it would be a lot easier to squeeze through those darn gates, lol!

I see there is a Plane slider under the Physics tab but this does not seem to do anything right now. Maybe in the future?

csgill75

It's never been possible to change the graphic size of aircraft in RF-X, so I don't see it happening in Acro FS. Besides that, it's not a RC simulator, it's full scale so it needs to be as big as it is. I would much rather have this feature in RF-X so different size scale models can be created.

TomC

I know it's not an RC sim. Although with Ground view you can fly like one.

I'm only flying it in VR from the cockpit. Maybe once you try a few of the intermediate and advanced races you may see what I mean. Not much room to squeeze through gates/hoops, and make hairpin turns. Oh well, very challenging and fun anyway.

I thought you could change scale in RF-X using the editor or maybe that requires a new airframe model?

csgill75

I know it's not an RC sim. Although with Ground view you can fly like one.

I'm only flying it in VR from the cockpit. Maybe once you try a few of the intermediate and advanced races you may see what I mean. Not much room to squeeze through gates/hoops, and make hairpin turns. Oh well, very challenging and fun anyway.

I thought you could change scale in RF-X using the editor or maybe that requires a new airframe model?
No its not possible to change the size of the model in RF-X. It's actually a known issue that was mentioned when the editor was released. I'm guessing it's going to be the same way in Acro FS. A slider would be a great way to make a simple visual model change though.. :)