Problem encountered in running RealFlight 9.5

uhrfenau

I have just installed the current version of RealFlight 9.5 on my 2019 MacBook Pro using Bootcamp and the latest version of Windows 10. RealFlight launches until I reach the controller calibration page. Then whether I select next or cancel I get a black screen and the computer needs a reboot. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a fix?

Boox

I have the same set up running Windows in Bootcamp and am experiencing the same black screen problem. Did you figure out a solution?

marcushh777

I have just installed the current version of RealFlight 9.5 on my 2019 MacBook Pro using Bootcamp and the latest version of Windows 10. RealFlight launches until I reach the controller calibration page. Then whether I select next or cancel I get a black screen and the computer needs a reboot. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is there a fix?
I have the same set up running Windows in Bootcamp and am experiencing the same black screen problem. Did you figure out a solution?
Dang, that is depressing ! ... rats. I guess I'm not doing that this weekend.

I'm wondering (both of you) if you have the latest fixes|patches on Windows 10, if you updated DirectX, (latest video and usb drivers), and whether you loaded the RealFlight from DVD or Steam?

Also have either of you tested the Mac... is the machine "dead" or is it a 'black screen' but the system is still running? Can you SSH into it, etc ? I'm interested in knowing whether the problem is killing the system, or whether its just the video server that is crashing.

Thanks

PS edit: hmmm maybe I will be working on this after all... let you know

marcus

Last edited:

Bill Stuntz

I don't know Apples, but... I'm guessing that the problem is that his Mac probably has a Radeon video card. I'm pretty sure that somewhere on this message board is a post that tells how to get a special (old?) video driver from Apple that will allow RF to run on a Radeon equipped Mac. I don't remember exactly where that post is. It might even be in the RF8 forum. I read the post several months ago.

P.S. Did some hunting & found this post. It's not specific, but maybe it'll help: https://www.knifeedge.com/forums/index.php?threads/realflight9-run-on-bootcamp.50811/#post-325387

Last edited: