Random respawning

Borocay

Hi, my plane will randomly reset (respawn) when I'm flying. I also get an error message at the bottom of the screen each time that says something like "fuselage component detachable has no frame non-zero aerodynamic percent." Is that a programming error caused by the plane I downloaded or is there a setting I can make that will stop it? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

marcushh777

There may be an error in the EA or AV physics (like strength 0%). Most pivots have a strength factor; I believe that 1500 is the magic number that says it will NEVER break. If its set too low it will break in the air for no apparent reason.
I agree with @grooveybf109e that your "clear" or "reset" button may be getting hit, or may have a contact issue. I had this happen to me routinely until I learned about the space-bar. I was holding the InterlinkDX controller over my keyboard (above my lap, Lazy-boy chair) and the handle on my InterlinkDX was intermittently pressing the space-bar (I couldn't feel it, but my flight would reset... very frustrating)

marcus

Flapper

I've started to fly on RF while standing up, using a neck strap, just like at the field. (Had to drill a hole in my Interlink for a balance bar!) Helps with getting the ergonomics of flying down, and my watch doesn't nag me about sitting down too much....

marcushh777

I've started to fly on RF while standing up...
I do this too; I use the large flat monitor in the TV room and my WS2000 dongle, and my field neck strap. It works out nice. Of course, I'm back to the chair when the wife needs the TV. ;)

marcus

Borocay

Thanks for the information. I made sure my keyboard was on the table while flying so I wouldn't hit the space bar and I keep getting the same error. Where would I find the EA or AV physics in the edit menu for the plane? I would like to change the settings like you mentioned to see if it will help.

grooveybf109e

If you wanted to edit it >1613002949266.png but the error message refers to a detachable item so you will have to delete it, just ignore it, or find out a different way to fix it(I don't know one). Just curious what plane is in question?

Borocay

I finally fixed the error messages by editing the different strengths to 1500. However, I'm still getting random respawning. I'll just be flying along and it will respawn back to the runway. No error messages or anything as to why it did it. I'm not touching my keyboard when it happens so it makes me think there is something up with my radio, but I don't know what since I can't see any setting other than reset that would cause it. I'm using a switch on my radio to reset so I might unassign that setting to see if makes a difference.