Rans Chaos S9

asj5547

New beta to play with, let me know what you think and if you find any problems.
Many thanks to Technoid for the in depth instructions on how to make the instrument panel gauges work.
PilotAt6 please note all the gauges have pivots set so you can have fun and change things to fit your auto start system, for instance the fuel gauge is tied to airspeed sensor at the moment, hopefully you will hook it up to the ignition switch power.

Attachments

PilotAt6

asj5547 Replied:" Since I am the one responsible for changing the tga map and now PilotAt6's great color schemes do not fit "

Thanks for the re-do on the color schemes .
I expected some changes from the original beta(s). I viewed my color schemes as beta also.
I appreciated the early (fast) release of the Chaos and in my mind, the color schemes were just a head start to the finished product(s). Will give me some things to do ... weather is getting cold here ... and our governor is going to restrict our movement 'again'.

Thanks for your efforts ... off to check out the new offering.
Hope things are going as well as can be for you and family
!

PilotAt6

Fantastic ... TGA map is nicely done with labels ... working gauges look and work wonderful.
The added detail including hoses, wing mount pins, clamps, and wires on the tail and so on stands out.

Have all the gauges doing something ... Fuel needs some work, and of course Altimeter and Compass move, just for show. Altimeter is tied to a gyro and operates more like climb rate, the compass is tied to a gyro and moves in the proper direction when turning ... no accuracy but looks good. Once and a while its like a stopped clock ... correct twice a day. :D Sure wish more parameters were available in the editor so altimeter, compass and rate of climb and fuel level were practical. Maybe someday when VR really catches on and users fly more in cockpit.:cry:

Amp meter - mixed to load (starter, light switches ) and engine RPM, after starting ... the amperage is high until the battery is replenish, then reduces ... imagination is running rampant!:rolleyes:
Manifold pressure - mixed to RPM and throttle.
Volt Meter - mixed to Key Sw., Starter Load, RPM
RPM - changed scale to 7000 RPM - The common engine is Rotax and operates at 5500 ... max ~6300. That is what I based my variant on.
MPH - 140 is right on ... VNE is ~130 ... good homework.
Fuel level is based on time + throttle position .. active with key switch on ... still working on the time issue.

Lights were the only change that presented a problem, but only if you want to turn them off.
The only way I know to do that, is to turn them 180 degrees and show their backs (dark colored bezel).
As far as I can tell, the bulb protrudes front and back of the bezel, so turning it around just gets a smaller bulb ... so it still shines and "flashes" intermittently.

Great rendition of the S-9 Chaos .... Thanks a million !!!
I'll be working on the CS's ... thanks for the two you provided as examples.

uncle twist

Hi asj,...not being pushy here....just curious...any timeframe as to the approx. release date of this great plane....???? I`m really trying to stay away all from the betas and all that........

asj5547

PilotAt6, try the lights on this beta to see if they will work for you.
I tried them with a moveable pod, using the "Key Servo" to rotate them 180 degrees on X axis, then I just changed Visual Frames for each light to activate them on/off for test purposes.

Attachments

uncle twist

Hi U.T. my wife is seriously ill, so modelling has slowed down, but I am still working on the model occasionally.
Timeframe ???
Thanks for the reply asj, I think you had mentioned something about your wife earlier, I must have forgotten...Sorry...SHE obviously comes first....!!!! and I hope that things get better for the both of you.. tough times we`re living in...Take your time, no rush for me, was just curious...stay well...!!!

PilotAt6

PilotAt6, try the lights on this beta to see if they will work for you.
I tried them with a moveable pod, using the "Key Servo" to rotate them 180 degrees on X axis, then I just changed Visual Frames for each light to activate them on/off for test purposes.
I can rotate them, but the color remains Orange no matter what I put on the tga.
I did notice color changes on the side of the bulbs and/or bezels though.
Did you change where the colors are located in the tga ?

I am sorry for you wife's condition? Tough times indeed!

PilotAt6

asj5547 ... here is the current variant I'm working on.
Posting as an EA to get the CS with gauge panel to you in one shot!
Lot's of modifiers and mixes for the gauges and switches.

If you open the canopy "Fully" with the engine off, the gas caps remove. Right wing cap is on front of wing, Left is on top of fuse in front of canopy ( they are both black on this CS ... so hard to see). Think I'm losing it! :sick:

Attachments