Rans Chaos S9

technoid

I just tried it on RF8 and RF7.5, RF8 loads okay but RF7.5 gives this error message, anybody have a fix for that.
Try adding a collision mesh for all three of the tires. The plane will fall into the earth if it tips over but that's enough to see if that's the problem then you can add more later.

technoid

ASJ... A few other things I noticed. I started looking because of some warnings when the plane loads.

That plane fly's great and looks great.

Landing Gear - Visual Frame (Right) is ~CS_LG should be ~CS_RG
Visual Tab shows ~CS_MMHS with child ~CS_RME and ~CS_LME but Physics is using ~CS_RMHS and ~CS_LMHS
Visual Tab shows ~CS_SPINNE should be ~CS_SPINNER
Visual Tab shows ~CS_EXHAUS should be ~CS_EXHAUST

BrokeDad

Thanks for the beta. It seems almost as if something is dragging when it taxis. Even if I disable the brakes I hear a scraping sound and it slows quickly. I even tried lowering the Rolling Resistance Multiplier of the wheels to 1.
I adjusted the gear to better align the tires to the physics and also changed "Has Wheel Pant" to Yes.

It'll make a nice electric too BTW.

Last edited:

technoid

Thanks for the beta. It seems almost as if something is dragging when it taxis. Even if I disable the brakes I hear a scraping sound and it slows quickly. I even tried lowering the Rolling Resistance Multiplier of the wheels to 1.
I adjusted the gear to better align the tires to the physics and also changed "Has Wheel Pant" to Yes.

It'll make a nice electric too BTW.
BD fix the "Landing Gear" Visual Frame for BOTH the Gear and Tire. I mentioned the right gear visual frame being ~CS_LG in my post to ASJ but forgot to look at the Landing Gear Tire and they both were ~CS_SW. The Steering Gear and Steering Tire is okay. After you fix the visual frame for the landing gear and landing gear tire the noise is gone for me

BrokeDad

BD fix the "Landing Gear" Visual Frame for BOTH the Gear and Tire. I mentioned the right gear visual frame being ~CS_LG in my post to ASJ but forgot to look at the Landing Gear Tire and they both were ~CS_SW. The Steering Gear and Steering Tire is okay. After you fix the visual frame for the landing gear and landing gear tire the noise is gone for me
Ok I changed them to ~CS_RW and ~CS_LW . BTW as I mentioned you might want to edit the x,y,z of the gear to line the wheels up with the physics wheels.

For Landing Gear: x=.400, y=-1.377, z=-.450
For Steering Gear: x=0, y=-4.912, z=-1.09

Last edited:

technoid

OPPs.. Too quick on the draw. The landing gear now only has "one" side and the physics looks flat for it. Also the tail gear is way back so something when wrong there too.