RF 7.5 suddenly not working with Win8.1

Blw

I haven't used RF 7.5 in over a year. So, I have no idea if upgrading to Windows 8.1 is the culprit. I am getting an error box Error initializing sound system: Error initializing output device. A subsequent box says Error creating sound manager. There was an error with your driver or you have no sound device installed.

Can anyone help out or point me to upgrades if possible?

Blw

There has been no response to my initial message, but I wanted to cap things off by saying that I found the cause of the problem. My trusty audio program for routing audio from USB devices to Windows has been Voicemeeter Banana which has had only a few problems since first using in 2014. When Voicemeeter is disabled Real Flight now boots and performs without problems.

Use of Voicemeeter in the past caused no problems until now, so I'm sure it must be a certain version causing the issues. I may need to update, but if this is the only issue I'll be happy in shutting down Voicemeeter whenever I want to fly.

I forgot to mention that this is using Windows 8.1 on an iMac using High Sierra and Bootcamp. This has been my setup starting out with XP in 2014 and a little iMac i2 computer. Now, I have 2 iMac i5 computers to run Windows when I want to listen to my radios. My main interest is using SDRs for radio listening on the shortwave frequencies for the most part. I also use one SDR for scanning. I have 6 SDRs that run flawlessly, and have pretty much been turnkey operations using Vista, W7 /32 and /64, up to Win 8.1 today. I now have 3 iMacs that use Bootcamp with the radios and Real Flight 7.5. I don't think I've ever run across compatibility problems.