RF 9.5 and Interlink Elite Flight Modes

bhobbs

Flight modes set up as default on three position switch. Top position enables SAFE correctly but any other switch position illuminates middle and lower AS3X indicators simultaneously. If switch is in middle position - both middle and lower AS3X indicators are on. Same if switch is in lower position. Both middle and lower switch positions give same AS3X output.

During calibration, 3-way switch positions show 100%, 50% and 0% depending on position. I also tried editing aircraft to set limits to 140%,0, -140%.... no change.

I would like to have lower position of 3-way switch turn AS3X off.

marcushh777

Flight modes set up as default on three position switch. Top position enables SAFE correctly but any other switch position illuminates middle and lower AS3X indicators simultaneously. If switch is in middle position - both middle and lower AS3X indicators are on. Same if switch is in lower position. Both middle and lower switch positions give same AS3X output.

During calibration, 3-way switch positions show 100%, 50% and 0% depending on position. I also tried editing aircraft to set limits to 140%,0, -140%.... no change.

I would like to have lower position of 3-way switch turn AS3X off.
AS3X does not work that way; the flight stabilization software is always ON.

The software in the 'real' receivers works the same way. @SAFE (select) can be placed on a switch so that @SAFE can be deactivated in-flight; however, AS3X is always active in the 'real' models also.

In other words, there is no AS3X (select).

If you are thinking that AS3X cancels some of your personal 'skill', or acts like a crutch, nothing could be further from the truth. The AS3X stabilization software smooths out excessive servo motion (destructive motion) due to turbulence, wind shear, sudden updrafts and downdrafts, etc. It means that your servos will last longer, and that the plane will be less likely to come apart in-flight. You don't want to turn off AS3X. The simulator has been designed to function as closely as possible to the 'real' models in the market place.

PS edit: some models ( Apprentice STS ) has a special three position mode switch:
Beginner: SAFE
Intermediate: AS3X somewhat relaxed banking and pitch limits
Expert: AS3X banking and pitch limits removed
The simulator works the 'same' way with these models, as the 'real' ones; again, AS3X is always ON.

marcus

Last edited:

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
The reason for the double-light behavior is because the flight controller electronics component is designed with three slots. In cases where a given model only has two different selectable modes instead three, two of the slots are set to the same mode. Then when your switch is in either of those two positions, the result is the same.

As Marcus said, it cannot be disengaged entirely, which is how it is in the real world, too. (It is possible to create an aircraft variant in the editor where the flight controller component is removed, but I don't think that's what you're after.)