RF9.5 Not Responding

DDTree

Hello, received this error code today:
RF9.5 not responding,
Error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL,
File: DXDevice.cpp,
Line:118.
After closing error box, RF9.5 shutdown. Restarted RF9.5 and all seems ok at this time, Thanks, DDR.

marcushh777

RF9.5 not responding,
Line:118.
After closing error box, RF9.5 shutdown.
These type of errors are DirectX errors, usually caused by DirectX incompatibility with your video driver (or video card), DirectX not at the proper level for Rf9.x (DX9c), or a combination. Although Windows 10 is now at DirectX 12, Windows 7|8 was at DirectX 11, RealFlight is still stuck at DirectX 9c. Sometimes problems like this one require the reloading of DirectX 9c, or updating your graphics driver, replacing your graphics card, or some combination...

Just out of morbid curiosity, do you happen to be using an ATI HD Radeon graphics processor, or an AMD Radeon APU ?

marcus

DDTree

These type of errors are DirectX errors, usually caused by DirectX incompatibility with your video driver (or video card), DirectX not at the proper level for Rf9.x (DX9c), or a combination. Although Windows 10 is now at DirectX 12, Windows 7|8 was at DirectX 11, RealFlight is still stuck at DirectX 9c. Sometimes problems like this one require the reloading of DirectX 9c, or updating your graphics driver, replacing your graphics card, or some combination...

Just out of morbid curiosity, do you happen to be using an ATI HD Radeon graphics processor, or an AMD Radeon APU ?

marcus
Intel Core i5, 10th Gen, Thanks for the reply, ddtree.

marcushh777

ok, make certain that you're NVidia drivers are up-to-date; if you keep getting the error after that reload the DirectX 9c components... your DX DIAG will still show DirectX 12 (if you're using Win10) or DirectX 11 if you're Win7|8.

marcus

HootieWooski

Argh. I built a new computer and bought RF 9.5 but can't use it. I am getting the error coded listed in the OP.
RF9.5 not responding,
Line:118

I have gone as far as a clean install of Windows 10.
I am running an AMD Ryzen 7 5800x on a Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro Wifi motherboard, using 32 gb of Corsair Vengeance 3600 Ram, and an AsRock rx 6800 xt Taichi graphics card. I have updated every driver and piece of software I can think of without success.
HELP ME!!! Please.
I have tried updating Direct X without success too.

Last edited:

technoid

Argh. I built a new computer and bought RF 9.5 but can't use it. I am getting the error coded listed in the OP.
RF9.5 not responding,
Line:118

I have gone as far as a clean install of Windows 10.
I am running an AMD Ryzen 7 5800x on a Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro Wifi motherboard, using 32 gb of Corsair Vengeance 3600 Ram, and an AsRock rx 6800 xt Taichi graphics card. I have updated every driver and piece of software I can think of without success.
HELP ME!!! Please.
I have tried updating Direct X without success too.
Most likely your problem is the AMD Graphics chip in your graphic card their drivers often don't work with RealFlight. Do you have an NVidia Graphic card you could try? This forum post by Jeremy Sebens (KE Engineer) isn't about your specific card but might show you what I'm talking about.

https://www.knifeedge.com/forums/index.php?threads/issues-with-radeon-5700-xt.52109/post-330302

HootieWooski

Most likely your problem is the AMD Graphics chip in your graphic card their drivers often don't work with RealFlight. Do you have an NVidia Graphic card you could try? This forum post by Jeremy Sebens (KE Engineer) isn't about your specific card but might show you what I'm talking about.

https://www.knifeedge.com/forums/index.php?threads/issues-with-radeon-5700-xt.52109/post-330302
Thanks for the reply, I noticed some posts about AMD Graphics cards having issues. I'm going to try rolling back my drivers and see what that does.
I'm now also getting in addition to the previous error.
RF9.5 not responding,
File: DXMesh.cpp
Line:1681

Which is different on the bold items.

technoid

Thanks for the reply, I noticed some posts about AMD Graphics cards having issues. I'm going to try rolling back my drivers and see what that does.
I'm now also getting in addition to the previous error.
RF9.5 not responding,
File: DXMesh.cpp
Line:1681

Which is different on the bold items.
I wish I could help more but I use nvidia graphics cards so I don't know anymore about the amd drivers.

technoid

Yes I understand they need to move to a newer directX API that's supported by AMD. (quickly)