Spitfire

technoid

Remember I started with the PX-40 airframe to create the Spitfire. When I reworked the shape of the wing for the Spitfire a few places got messed up so I just left them that way and knew I had to go back and fix them so that's what I did today, besides go out and do the grocery shopping. Anyway the wing is finished now so I guess I need to think about adding the intake on the bottom of the fuselage. I think that's the last major part I need to make then I can start cleaning it up and getting it ready to map. I may end up working on the physics before I map it so I can fly it while I do the mapping, no color just the plain gray it is while modeling but at least I'll be able to fly it. For me that's the pay off when I get to fly it.

technoid

Yesterday I created a temporary look at the intake on the bottom of the fuselage so this morning I finished it up and repositioned the wing and gear for what I hope is the final go around. So now I'm ready to do the final mirror of the parts and get it ready to map, but like I said I'll probably work on the physics first so I can fly it while I map it. So I'm getting there just a little slow but the end is in sight.

technoid

As it turns out I wasn't as ready as I thought to do the final mirroring. I had hidden all the servos and when I showed them all of them needed to be repositioned because of the parts being reshaped, so that's what I started doing tonight. I still have the elevator and rudder servos to reposition and it looks like I need to do some tweaking on the fuselage too but I'm making good progress there's just more left to do than I thought. Ha! There's always something that slows you down.

technoid

I mirrored the wing and hstab and finished the schematic. Here's a picture of the first import in RealFlight with the old mapping so lots of stuff isn't right but it's enough for a glimpse of what it will look like in the end. That's the camo from the PX-40 the color scheme will change for the Spitfire this was just something to give it a little color.

Spitfire 28.jpg