Still unable to install, any updates?

smooth0401

Good afternoon all.

I just purchased RealFlight 9.5 from Tower Hobbies (current user of RF8).

I was bummed that I had to pay another $99 for the software since there was no in place upgrade path, but extremely bummed to find out there's still installation issues going on. I have Sophos Home AV... I added the associated paths as I saw in other threads and even disabled protection to try to get the installation to work. I'm just about to uninstall Sophos altogether and try that, but this is definitely discouraging.

Has anyone else gotten the latest installer downloaded from KnifeEdge to work properly?

Thanks for any help!

--rob

technoid

Good afternoon all.

I just purchased RealFlight 9.5 from Tower Hobbies (current user of RF8).

I was bummed that I had to pay another $99 for the software since there was no in place upgrade path, but extremely bummed to find out there's still installation issues going on. I have Sophos Home AV... I added the associated paths as I saw in other threads and even disabled protection to try to get the installation to work. I'm just about to uninstall Sophos altogether and try that, but this is definitely discouraging.

Has anyone else gotten the latest installer downloaded from KnifeEdge to work properly?

Thanks for any help!

--rob
After you uninstall the AV software and install the download from Tower Hobbies will you let us know what the version number is BEFORE you upgrade the software? I want to know what version Tower is selling. The latest version is 9.50.031 but I think Tower is still using the RF 9.5 release version. Don't worry there is no virus in RealFlight 9.5 they just used a method to hide part of the program (I think) so lots of AV software detects it as a virus of some kind. But it's not.

Ryan Douglas

Administrator
Staff member
My understanding is that the version currently available for download is an older one with unsigned executables. It sounds like Horizon hit some IT snags getting it updated.

Since we've just made a new version, the plan now is to make that latest build available for Tower digital download users soon.

technoid

My understanding is that the version currently available for download is an older one with unsigned executables. It sounds like Horizon hit some IT snags getting it updated.

Since we've just made a new version, the plan now is to make that latest build available for Tower digital download users soon.
Good deal Ryan that should help lots of people.. thanks for chipping in.

TomC

I updated to 9.50.038 today (from .031) without any problems. For me, I do not see any improvements but at least it updated ok this time, lol!

My only complaint is that it seems that every time I update RF9 I need to recalibrate my Interlink DX controller. This time I also needed to do this with Win10 device calibration, then do the RF9 controller calibration again. All fine now.

marcushh777

I updated to 9.50.038 this evening (from .031) without any real issues; I did not 'need' to recalibrate the InterlinkDX, per se, but I did anyway, both in Win10 (devices) and using the 'Calibrate' function of the Select Controller Editor. I haven't really noticed any differences, but have not tested my WS2000 Radio Profiles yet... will have to wait for tomorrow.

It is encouraging to see that 'they' are taking an interest in making the Select Controller Editor consistent, well, at least from a Spektrum standpoint. The underlying gamepad controller Radio Profiles are as inconsistent as ever, and the changes to the Select Controller Editor are at best superficial at this point.

The "Wright Flyer" was a bit of an embarrassment (and fixing it was the least 'they' could do) but removing it from the simulator altogether would have been better; I mean the "Wright Flyer" is a bit of an historical joke as well... so, just saying.

PS edit: It is interesting that the InterlinkDX controller functioned just fine after upgrade (didn't appear to need recalibrating); however, the 'calibrate' function (both Win10 and Sim) looked like the 'calibrate' had never been done before! I think this is what @TomC was alluding to... if so, I agree. The calibration details should be kept in a data area independent of the Sim (maybe the Registry?); or perhaps the Documents/RealFlight9/ folder. But, for sure, calibration should only need to be done ONCE for a given device, and updating the RealFlight9 exe should not alter those details.

marcus

Last edited: