Tractor 120

technoid

I have been gone for a while but that plane looks so cool! Do you reccomend it in real life for a somewhat beginner and if not, what number plane
The Tractor 120 is built in Brazil so if you're in the US it might be hard to find but I guess you could order one from their website and have it shipped here but I don't know if they ship to the US. Besides that it's a full kit so you have to build it from scratch so it's probably not a beginners plane.

12oclockhigh seemed to think the sheer size is a problem but I don't I learned how to fly on a 60 inch wingspan high wing trainer with an O.S. MAX 46 on it that looked very similar to the Tractor 120 and it was a great flying plane. BUT.. I had a good instructor that kept me out of trouble so if you have that then a large plane does fly better than a small plane.

SO.. if you intend to fly large planes and you have a good instructor then a large trainer is okay, but if not then the Apprentice is a good plane to start with I've flown one and it does fly nice for a small plane.

Last edited:

technoid

I finished the wiring today and then added one of the wing tubes. One of the tubes is hidden under the sheeting in the front of the wing so I didn't add it. But the one that's a tiny bit off center to the rear I added since you can see that one. I think that's about it but I'll think about it overnight and then start doing the Spec Map tomorrow or maybe late tonight after we watch a movie. I'm worn out right now so I think I'll play a game for a while.

technoid

I ended up adding both wing tubes because you can see both of them in places and I wanted the plane to look right. I had to tweak a few things this morning so I haven't started on the spec map yet but I guess that will be next. I guess I could keep adding little things forever there always seems to be more that would be nice on a plane you can see everything if you have a transparent color scheme but you have to stop somewhere. The only thing I left out of the wiring is the switch since I didn't want to start adding stuff on the outside of the plane so I just connected the battery to the receiver. If I put the switch on the outside I'd want to put the fuel inlet and then there's the battery and switch for the engine ignition not to mention the ignition module and the wiring for it. So I decided this is enough it's time to stop. At least there's enough detail it looks nice with a transparent color scheme. I did go back and add the antenna's on the receiver this morning though.

technoid

Well I almost started on the spec map but I remembered I wanted to tweak the physics a little before release so I did that instead. I reduced the wing loading from 20.483 to 20.010 and also moved the cg back a tiny bit from -5.20 to -5.36. Those changes are small but it seems to fly a little more inline with what I thought it should.

I also had three color schemes to update with the latest parts I added so I did that too. So I guess now I've ran out of stuff to finish so maybe I'll finally create the spec map. After that it should be ready for release which is nice because it's time for something else.

grooveybf109e

Well I almost started on the spec map but I remembered I wanted to tweak the physics a little before release so I did that instead. I reduced the wing loading from 20.483 to 20.010 and also moved the cg back a tiny bit from -5.20 to -5.36. Those changes are small but it seems to fly a little more inline with what I thought it should.

I also had three color schemes to update with the latest parts I added so I did that too. So I guess now I've ran out of stuff to finish so maybe I'll finally create the spec map. After that it should be ready for release which is nice because it's time for something else.
What will the next plane be?