Tractor 120

BrokeDad

technoid

I decided to cut the hole around the engine shaft even if you can only see it if you look at it from the bottom. Now I think it's time to do some initial mapping so I can see what it looks like in RF. Then I'll go back and do the rib cages for the wing and aileron.

Tractor 120 25.jpg

technoid

I tried to add the bulkheads today but when I added the shell to the internal structure it mangled the inside portion of the chamfer so I had to go back and fix that which was a major pain. Next time I need to try adding the chamfer after I add the shell to see if that won't happen. But none-the-less I went back and fixed it and updated the smoothing groups that got messed up when I did it. So I'm finally back to where I started but I should be able to add the bulkheads now. There's not much to see but here's a shot of the internal structure I'll be adding the bulkheads too.

Tractor 120 27.jpg

technoid

I hear you on the shell issue (been there done that) and yes it can be a real pain to sort out, I now get into the habit of making a backup of the model and saving it just before adding a shell.
The fuselage structure looks perfect.
Yes I always make a backup before adding a shell. I also backup when I create the canopy and frame before I add a shell to the frame. I have lots of backups. But in this case I made changes to the structure after I added the shell so going back would have lost all that, so I had to fix it.