True lights on models

legoman

How do you put proper lights on the models? Not Glow or bulb, proper lights Like on the Sbach 342 night version.

uncle twist

How do you put proper lights on the models? Not Glow or bulb, proper lights Like on the Sbach 342 night version.
Can you show us a screen shot of the Sbach "night version", so we have a better idea of what you`re referring to ?. I`m guessing you`re talking about the stock plane provided by RF/KE.I think, most, if not all stock planes come with the lights that I think you`re thinking of, for flying at the night fields. If that`s the case, I`m not sure you can add them to custom content, BUT, I could be wrong. I`m pretty sure the props light up on custom content, only because they`re provided for you by RF,. ....at least, up to the point that you could create your own.

csgill75

Can you show us a screen shot of the Sbach "night version", so we have a better idea of what you`re referring to ?. I`m guessing you`re talking about the stock plane provided by RF/KE.I think, most, if not all stock planes come with the lights that I think you`re thinking of, for flying at the night fields. If that`s the case, I`m not sure you can add them to custom content, BUT, I could be wrong. I`m pretty sure the props light up on custom content, only because they`re provided for you by RF,. ....at least, up to the point that you could create your own.
In the RF-X Screenshots thread I posted a photo of the sbach with its lights a couple months ago. It has lights on the end of the wing that illuminate the plane. The lights work as real lights should.

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32255

Last edited:

jbourke

Knife Edge Software Owner
Custom lights are not supported right now. We can add them using some behind-the-scenes magic. I'm sure we'll get to it at some point but probably not soon.

Jim

legoman

Custom lights are not supported right now. We can add them using some behind-the-scenes magic. I'm sure we'll get to it at some point but probably not soon.

Jim
Thank you for the reply Jim. I am looking forward to getting them.

gomez1978

Yes, custom lights feature seems awesome. I really would like to know when will be possible to use them.
CS_GLOW is some sort of walk-around for now. Will try and revert with my experiment results.