We Need Scale Helicopters

12oclockhigh

With all the additional poly and capability... we really could use some excellent detailed military helicopters. Civilian too. I know that this is asking a lot.

12oclockhigh

What companies are you referring to? Bell Helicopter?

Can't we do all American military helicopters without a license? I know of some issues.... but ?? Isn't there some fair use, if it is not for profit?

csgill75

Unlike knife edge, we don't have the same copyright restrictions on the content we create. If we did most of the aircraft on the Swap pages wouldn't be allowed.

As far as payware aircraft from other simulators being ported to realflight, it's kind of a gray area.

12oclockhigh

Yes, I would agree that porting X-Plane aircraft into Real Flight would be wrong. You have to recognize, it is becoming easier to do so. Just as with software, 3D artists need to recognize that anything can be stolen on the computer.

Johnny31297

FSX aircraft to be exact, I converted like 5 or 6 helicopters. I'm not the original author of them, I just modified them to work with RF, so can't share them.

12oclockhigh

Well Johnny, I was talking more about starting from scratch, but I am interested in the process you underwent to move from FS-X to RF-X. I also have many helicopters that I paid for in FS-X. Maybe, that would be easier and help until I get good with the heli creation process. I am not going to share others work. I agree with your stand on IP rights.

Don't let all this get away from the fact that we need more Scale Helicopters. History is rich with beautiful helicopters. Military and Civilian.

Last edited:

12oclockhigh

Sorry, went back... I need more hand holding than that... let me get the software, install it and try, then I will let you know where I am having trouble.