Well, I'm diving in.

technoid

My second attempt at the Box Trainer. I like this one better. I know I should probably be just getting a file into realflight but why not make it look a little better than a lego plane? It is still a very crude model.

One of the things I would like to figure out is, rather than do like I did with the Ailerons, I would like to try to cut out the elevator and rudder from what I have existing. I like the look of the forward sweep to the tail. I imagine there is a tutorial on how to do that, I just haven't come across it yet.

This gets addictive, this modeling thing. I keep going over this model in my head about how I want to finish it I know where I want to ultimately be with modeling, I just need to go through the progression of getting there. I'll probably take the route Technoid did and just create scratch built models from my head to start with, eventually get into the scale stuff. I feel that route will get me familiar with the tools in Max and more comfortable using it.
Very nice, much better. That's what I did pause the video and play on my own.

Fly_electric

My second attempt at the Box Trainer. I like this one better. I know I should probably be just getting a file into realflight but why not make it look a little better than a lego plane? It is still a very crude model.

One of the things I would like to figure out is, rather than do like I did with the Ailerons, I would like to try to cut out the elevator and rudder from what I have existing. I like the look of the forward sweep to the tail. I imagine there is a tutorial on how to do that, I just haven't come across it yet.

This gets addictive, this modeling thing. I keep going over this model in my head about how I want to finish it I know where I want to ultimately be with modeling, I just need to go through the progression of getting there. I'll probably take the route Technoid did and just create scratch built models from my head to start with, eventually get into the scale stuff. I feel that route will get me familiar with the tools in Max and more comfortable using it.

You're doing great csgill75.

108buzz

RF X P-51 Charateristics

So, I just got RF X and the flight characteristics of the P-51 are all wrong. The CG does not seem right and it is way to pitch sensitive. How can I correct this? I downloaded the RealFlight vehicle editor.

Tx
Dan

Boof69

Hi 108buzz. Please move this post to a new thread in this same forum. This thread is a build thread and is not the best place to get answers to your question.

This outline to me looks like the general outline of a Mooney M18/20/22. Maybe once you finish the Box Trainer make more and more advanced aircraft until you can make a 6 channel aircraft.

uncle twist

I`m not going to speak for Csgill...Bachem, But hopefully that`s his goal. Modeling isn`t easy, And it`s very time consuming for a new modeler. He`ll get there in due time, if life dictates. It took me a year to make my first plane / EA for RF,.... OH, and it was only a four channel..;):rolleyes:

csgill75

It is still the Box Trainer, I have done the Gear and cut out the Tail sections. I have created this model about 5 more times to get it where I want it. I will get a progress post in a bit. Right now my wife is sick and will need surgery to correct a previous surgery she had 8 years ago on her stomach. She is getting my attention but when I get a free minute, I will post in here some progress, yes there is progress albeit slow progress.

It is a 4 channel aircraft, although the number of channels has no bearing on this aircraft, I could easily add flaps by cutting the alieron, but that is not what this model is about. It is about getting something into the simulator in which I am almost done with the modeling part ;).

Last edited:

technoid

It is still the Box Trainer, I have done the Gear and cut out the Tail sections. I have created this model about 5 more times to get it where I want it. I will get a progress post in a bit. Right now my wife is sick and will need surgery to correct a previous surgery she had 8 years ago on her stomach. She is getting my attention but when I get a free minute, I will post in here some progress, yes there is progress albeit slow progress.

It is a 4 channel aircraft, although the number of channels has no bearing on this aircraft, I could easily add flaps by cutting the alieron, but that is not what this model is about. It is about getting something into the simulator in which I am almost done with the modeling part ;).
I'm really sorry to hear about your wife take care of her first the rest can wait. That's exactly what I did going though the box trainer too I went back and did stuff over and over to develop some skills, so to me you're doing the right thing. Hey your next plane can be the Bell X1.

csgill75

I'm really sorry to hear about your wife take care of her first the rest can wait. That's exactly what I did going though the box trainer too I went back and did stuff over and over to develop some skills, so to me you're doing the right thing. Hey your next plane can be the Bell X1.
Well it probably won't be the X1, I feel like I need to build up the skills first before I accomplish the builds I want. I like the route you took so I planned on something similar.

I can put a plane together in max pretty quickly now, about 20 minutes and it's a box trainer from scratch.

technoid

Well it probably won't be the X1, I feel like I need to build up the skills first before I accomplish the builds I want. I like the route you took so I planned on something similar.

I can put a plane together in max pretty quickly now, about 20 minutes and it's a box trainer from scratch.
That sounds good to me take some time and build your skills, yep that's what I did.

legoman

That sounds good to me take some time and build your skills, yep that's what I did.
Me too. I taught my self how to model by building one plane then modded it into a "f-82" conversion did not release the mod though. then I pulled on the big boy shoes with the P6M-2 seamaster.

csgill75

As I mentioned earlier, My wife has been sick. She has a issue with her stomach that makes it so that she can't eat. She went from weighing 140lbs to as of tonight 94lbs. We know what the problem is. To simplify it, there is excess tissue at the opening of the small intestine where it connects to the stomach. food can't pass into her intestine and it comes back up. She can only eat a couple ounces of food a day. The doctor has tried to stretch the opening during an endoscopy but it only helped for a couple days. It is repairable but we don't get to meet with the surgeons until February 23rd. In the mean time she can't work, drive, she can barely walk and I have to take her to get Iron infusions weekly so that means I am working all day, then doing things around the house to help out. This is why I am moving my PC from the basement to a spare bedroom upstairs next to our room. I have done most of the moving, but I don't have room for my main PC rig where it really should be so I am going to build yet another PC but mini ATX sized with a small case so it can fit on a shelf and not look like a giant full sized tower with cables all over the place (she complains about that). So really until she is on the mend, I can't commit a lot of time to anything other than taking care of what I need to do at home. Once she is back on track and getting healthy I plan on getting back to my modeling which I have found fun.

I Still use the forums here and other places, My Note 5 does everything for me right now.

technoid

Oh that's terrible just take care of her and don't worry about anything else. I know how hard that stuff is we live it here every day. So I'll keep your wife in my prayers along side my wife. They're the better part of us and we need them.

uncle twist

Csgill, I feel your pain, My 1st born son had the same problem at about 8 weeks old +/-. (not holding his food down), Anyway we took him in, had a test done, He had to swallow something that would show up on an X-ray, DONE, The X-ray showed that the fluid didn`t go beyond a certain spot in his intestine. SOOOOOOO, that Docs said, that because it didn`t go ALL the way through, they couldn`t make a diagnosis, or come to a conclusion, as to what the issue was. NOW, I`m no doctor, BUT, it seems to me, THAT, the point at which the fluid stopped, was where the blockage was (I didn`t realize that until later myself, but the Docs. should have. ??), at any rate we had to take him home. Another week goes by, he`s still throwing up his food (breast milk) and losing weight. It got to the point, that when I came home from work one day, he looked like a 100 yr. old man / prune (all wrinkled), he was severely dehydrated, TO ME, on the brink of dying. We rushed him to the hospital, they took him in immediately and did emergency exploratory surgery (I don`t know if they referred to the previous X-ray or not). But they fixed him. I just don`t get why they couldn`t figure it out with the X-ray they had to begin with (Gee, that must be where the problem is,... HELLO. !!!) Anyway, please keep a close eye on your wife, she really can`t afford to lose much more weight. It seems to me the Docs. know where the issue IS. These days, the operation is a very simple one. I don`t know why you/she should have to wait another month or longer. Your wife will be in pain for that time. needlessly. I guess the point I`m trying to make is, don`t let it get close to the point that she`s close to dying,... like what almost happened to my son, because of a Doctors ignorance, or lack of knowledge.