Where can I find a Douglas DC-3?

jdouglasj

I would like to download a Douglas DC-3, but the only one I found was an old one by Legoman. When I load it, one of the landing gear is up, and the stairway is on the runway. It won't fly.

I have a DX8 Tx.

technoid

Have you read the release notes they generally tell you what channel controls what. I've flown it and it fly's fine but you do have to find out what channels control those items. I never had just one gear go up by itself. Do you have an Interlink Elite controller you could test it with?

jdouglasj

No I just have a DX8. I tried every switch and knob. And it's not that one gear doesn't go up by itself, rather, it arrives on the runway with one up and one down...and the stairway open.

Last edited:

asj5547

Channel 7 controls the landing gear on this fantastic model by Legoman, you could try pressing the letter i on the keyboard to operate the gears, the landing gears move one at a time on the real world DC-3 and so Legoman made the gear move the same way for his model, left gear moves first then right gear retracts, and visa/versa for lowering the gears. Passenger door is on channel 8, (3-way switch), push switch away from you to close door.

BrokeDad

For the door you can also press the letter O on your keyboard. It's quite possible you don't have channel 8 programmed from your DX8. I can only get 7 channels from my DX9 using the wireless dongle.

legoman

the fact that one gear is up and the other is not tells me that channel 7 is centered. Which is how I got one gear to retract before the other.

uncle twist

Did you "overwrite" the original download when you imported it into RF...not sure if that would be an issue or not.. just asking..

jdouglasj

I deleted the previous plane and then downloaded. Since it shares the same engine with the Skyraider, I did not overwrite the engine on the re-download.

technoid

I would import it again and select the checkbox that applies the overwrite to everything. So choose the overwrite radio button and then check the apply to all button so everything is overwritten. Try that and report back. There's no harm in overwriting the engine.

uncle twist

Not sure if you did this or not jdouglasj....??, it`s been overlooked in the past.....BUT, you also need to delete the file in the "manage user files" section.......as well as your downloads files, in order to delete a planes file completely.

jdouglasj

Okay, I deleted all my download files and deleted eveyrthing in RF9. Then I re-downloaded. Now I can see the plane. It still appears on screen with one wheel up and one wheel down, but the keyboard fixed that. I gave it full power, but now I can't get the plane moving. I could get the invisible plane moving, but not this one.

I get a message at the beginning that it can't locate the engine and so it will use a default one. I downloaded the Skyraider again, but that wont' won't move either. In fact, when I first load the Skyraider now a bomb falls off immediately (or a drop tank?) and then a landing gear pops off. Ugh!!!

Last edited:

technoid

Okay, I deleted all my download files and deleted eveyrthing in RF9. Then I re-downloaded. Now I can see the plane. It still appears on screen with one wheel up and one wheel down, but the keyboard fixed that. I gave it full power, but now I can't get the plane moving. I could get the invisible plane moving, but not this one.

I get a message at the beginning that it can't locate the engine and so it will use a default one. Ugh!!!
Did you choose the overwrite everything option and select the checkbox too? That should import every file in the plane again and overwrite anything that is there. PLUS.. If there's a problem EXIT RealFlight and start it again sometimes it doesn't find the files and needs to be restarted. (it does that sometimes to me and others)

jdouglasj

This is starting to get comical. Yes, I exited the program and came back. The engine works now but with the DC-3 only one engine is working. When I power up it just goes in circles now.

Then I selected the Skyraider and the moment that plane appears both wheels fly off and all my ordinance hits the runway.

UPDATE: Okay, somehow...I don't know how...it all started working on the DC-3 but with the Skyraider...the wheels fly off and all the ordinance hits the ground the moment it appears. I went in and turned offf all flight failures, but it didn't change anything. Let me quit again..

UPDATE #2: Regular Skyraider is flying fine, but not the ground support Skyraider.

UPDATE #3: Went back to the DC-3 and now only one engine is working again. this is nuts! I'm going to bed.

Last edited:

legoman

This is starting to get comical. Yes, I exited the program and came back. The engine works now but with the DC-3 only one engine is working. When I power up it just goes in circles now.

Then I selected the Skyraider and the moment that plane appears both wheels fly off and all my ordinance hits the runway.

UPDATE: Okay, somehow...I don't know how...it all started working on the DC-3 but with the Skyraider...the wheels fly off and all the ordinance hits the ground the moment it appears. I went in and turned offf all flight failures, but it didn't change anything. Let me quit again..

UPDATE #2: Regular Skyraider is flying fine, but not the ground support Skyraider.

UPDATE #3: Went back to the DC-3 and now only one engine is working again. this is nuts! I'm going to bed.
the heavier sky raiders (the bomber, close air support) break then they spawn with the flaps down because the plane try to spawn with the three wheels on and level the ground and RF is spawning it level but with the flaps all the way down the tail hook is the lowest point on the plane and rf tries to spawn the plane completely above ground. thus the plane drops (very hard) on the ground. under normal landing it is fine and they are strong enough.

jdouglasj

12 o'clock, yes, that got everything running more normally. I want the bind button to reset the plane, but I forget how to set that up...

jdouglasj

Sorry for all the questions. If I move a stick or a switch while in that form, it displays the movement in the bar on the left hand side. But nothing happens when I push the button. So I scrolled down to where I saw "reset" and I clicked to assign input. But when I click the button the next screen, which is suppose to assign the button to reset when I press the button...nothing happens.