Wrong calculation to metric in RealFlight

Reimann

As Leif in "Airplane Parameters - Kadet Senior" noticed, there is a wrong calculation in RealFlight.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You will find that the math used in RF G2 is not from this world. What you can see here is perhaps simple errors but it can also be the tip of an iceberg when it comes to the internal calculations in the program.
E.g.
Fuel density calculations inside program use 0.62 (=110g/177ml)!! Where can you buy that fuel?? Depending on mixture you can expect density slightly above 0.8.

Wing loading (dry) (1850g/43sq dm) in program is 52.9g/sq dm. My calculation gives me 43.0g/sq dm. [/quote]
I checked it and sure he was right. I wondered that nobody had noticed it before. The reason is all standard data are alright and so all the American and British users didn't complain. I found out that there really is a bug in the calculation. Realflight uses a value of 373 g per lbs whereas the correct value should be 453,592292 g/lbs. I guess it is high time all the world goes metric so that won't happen again. ;)

warlockg

I like it, this will only help the quality.

How do you see the caculation values?

That would be interesting to double check their work and see some of the modeling system parameters used. If the models become accurate the experience closer matches reality.