Go Back   Knife Edge > RealRace > RealRace Classic
Use of this site is subject to our Terms of Use. | Looking for technical support? Read this!

Old 02-10-2002, 02:01 AM

Anyone having controler problems? take this little test

First select the Omega car and make a copy so you can adjust some settings. Choose the parkinglot and set the track condition to "excellent" now open the new car you copied, go into the radio setting on the lower right adjust the exponential rate "during high" to 100% then set the During low to 100% take a wuick lap of the track and notice the reaction to the steering.

Now go back and change the "during high" to -100% and the during low to -100% take another quick lap of the track (and try not to crash)

I have learned so much from this simm, i think i have learned more in the few years i have had this simm then the 15 years i have actualy raced R/C. Whats cool is its like a hands on sience lab project. You can say "humm whats this do?" tweak it and drive it to find out. I would never do that with my actual R/C cars it would be a mess. If you dont like the new tweaks you have made to the car push delete and start over. Its just that simple, I love it

My System:
Abit BX133R (mainbord)
2 15gig 7200 IBMs in RAID!
P3 700E@950mhz
256 megs Mushkin
GF2 GTS
SBlive platnum
3Com nic, cable
Pioneer DVD
NewQ gold
GF4 TI4200 128 megs
1gig PC3200 DDR dual mode
2 80 gig drives in raid
16XDVD+40X burner
SB live platinum
3Com nic

all in a nice custom built case i built with a window on the side and purple neon fans.
Old 02-19-2002, 09:14 AM

Elaborate

Tell me more about what you found out.

I've been leaving the ATV rates at 100% but toning them down in the dual rate area with settings of 80 and 60. Then in Exponential steering I've been exoperimenting with some high numbers like 100 and 70 and some low numbers like 30 and 15.

I have also learned one other little trick. When I go to calibrate my controller, I play with the trims on the controller before I start to find sports that are 'less' noisy than others. Left sitting idle the wheel and throttle can fluctuate as much as 9% in some spots but only about 1% in others! Once I find the quieter spots, I then go through the calibration.

Founder of the
Gerber Racing League
Old 02-28-2002, 03:55 AM

what trim? are you talkig about the trim on the keyboard? im not sure what trims you are adjusting?

My System:
Abit BX133R (mainbord)
2 15gig 7200 IBMs in RAID!
P3 700E@950mhz
256 megs Mushkin
GF2 GTS
SBlive platnum
3Com nic, cable
Pioneer DVD
NewQ gold
GF4 TI4200 128 megs
1gig PC3200 DDR dual mode
2 80 gig drives in raid
16XDVD+40X burner
SB live platinum
3Com nic

all in a nice custom built case i built with a window on the side and purple neon fans.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: